- Multi threaded application environment
- Multi language support
- Multi tab style reading
- Convenient and powerful favorite management
- Newsfeed retrieval and update
- Newsfeed aggregation
- Scheduling for automatic newsfeed retrieval
- Easy news filtering
- Easy favorite filtering
- Automated news watches based on arbitrary keywords
- Archive support to recognize already read news
- News tagging support
- Newsfeed caching support
- RSS enclosure support
- Podcast support
- System tray support including pop up notifications
- Internal web browser
- OPML import/export
- Customizable interface
- Drag & Drop support
- and many more...
Supported syndication formats
See the changelog for a detailed overview of all versions released so far.
Feed'n Read (FnR) is a free Java based open source newsfeed reader.
It is powered by the Sun ROME syndication framework and therefore supports all current formats (RSS 0.90, 0.91, 0.92, 0.93, 0.94, 1.00, 2.00, ATOM 0.30 and 1.00).
It disposes of an intuitive, fast and responsive user interface using eclipse technologies, i.e. JFace and SWT. Thus it combines the platform independent Java world on one hand with a fast native user interface on the other hand.